San Bernardino County, CA
Damaging winds today and heavy snow later today through morning. A pacific origin winter storm will bring damaging winds and heavy snow to the San Bernardino and Riverside County mountains. This will be a significant wind storm. Heavy snow will be confined to locations above 6000 feet in elevation and strong winds are likely at all elevations. Winds will weaken Smorning but snow showers will continue all day S and S evening with periodic heavy snow showers down to 5500 feet.
San Bernardino County mountains and Riverside County mountains including the following locations: Crestline, Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear City, Big Bear Lake, Running Springs, Wrightwood, Idyllwild-Pine Cove. The winter storm warning remains in effect until
- Winds South 30 to 50 mph with gusts 70 to 90 mph at all elevations. Highest wind gusts likely to be found along the ridge tops and the deserts slopes. Strongest winds will occur this afternoon and evening.
- Snow levels starting at 7000-8000 feet falling to between 6000 and 6500 feet this afternoon and evening. Then down to 5000 to 5500 feet S morning.
- Timing snow becoming heavy in the higher mountains this afternoon and continuing this evening. Continued snow showers S and S night at lower elevations down to 5000 to 5500 feet.
- Snow accumulations 6 to 12 inches between 6000 and 7000 foot elevation. 1 to 2 feet 7000 to 8000 feet. Isolated snowfall 2 to 3 feet above 8000 feet.
- Visibility reduced to a quarter mile or less due to snow blowing snow and dense fog.
- Impacts hazardous driving conditions due to strong winds and snow covered roads and low visibility from blowing snow and dense fog. Chain restrictions likely. Downed trees and powerlines expected with possible structural damage. Dangerous driving conditions for high profile vehicles due to strong cross-winds.
A winter storm warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.