Pesticide Exposure at Desert Hot Springs Business Sends Worker to Hospital

City News Service

Eds: UPDATES with one employee sent to a hospital. Fire officials initially said two employees were taken to a hospital.

DESERT HOT SPRINGS (CNS) – An employee of a business in Desert Hot Springs was taken to a hospital Tuesday after being exposed to a pesticide.

The exposure occurred around 10:50 a.m. in the 10800 block of Palm Drive, according to the Riverside County Fire Department.

A total of five employees reported experiencing mild discomfort from exposure to the chemical, but only one was taken to a hospital. The four others declined further care after being evaluated by paramedics at the scene, fire officials said.

The fire department said a hazmat team mitigated the hazard.

Copyright 2022, City News Service, Inc.

CNS-04-05-2022 13:30

Suscribe Form Desktop

Nbc Palm Spring Logo

Download our App

Apple Store Logo

Play Store Logo

CONTACT US!

Submit your suggestions and questions