INDIO (CNS) – A natural gas leak at the Indio Towne Center prompted
evacuation orders today, but there were no reports of any injuries.
The leak from a ruptured gas line was reported around 1 p.m. at the
shopping center on Jackson Street north of the 10 Freeway.
According to Cal Fire, the line of unknown size was ruptured by a
construction crew. Three businesses in the area were evacuated while Southern
California Gas Co. crews worked to repair the ruptured line.
By 2:45 p.m., the evacuation ended for two of the businesses, but a
third remained closed. SoCalGas officials could not be reached for immediate
Copyright 2022, City News Service, Inc.